Youth Exchange in Cyprus
Countries and organisations participating
30 participants, 6 youth leaders, 4 trainers, 6 support persons
Πολιτιστικό Εργαστήρι Αγίων Ομολογητών – Κύπρος (host)
Associação Juvenil da Linha de Cascais Rota Jovem – Portugal
A.R.T. Fusion – Romania
VIKSJÖFORSBALETTEN – Sweden
L’Escale/Maison de l’Europe – France
Terz’ordine Fracescanto – Italy
20 July – 27 July 2013
“Vibes of Life – 2012” in Cyprus is a 6 working days long, multilateral youth-exchange taking place in Paphos with promoters from five other countries.
The purpose of the project is to increase active citizenship in society of young people.
The project objectives are:
- To promote young people’s participation and inclusion
- To help and and sustain young people in achieving skills, values and attitudes important for the development of a democratic society
- To promote YiA principles: tolerance, respect for other cultures, respect for human rights
- Achievement of knowledge on European Union, Youth in Action program
- Develop long lasting partnership relationship between the promoters of the project
- To use arts and media as a medium to achieve objectives
The project will follow the a non- formal methodology by offering artistic workshops as music and dance in order to promote other ways of learning, also have a special focus on working with “European Dimension”, “European Identity” & “European Citizenship”.
All the participants will be actively involved in workshops as dance, music run by professional artists, which also makes possible to include and motivate young people.
After 3 days of intense activity in the workshops, the results will be combined into a presentation and shown to other young people in the public spaces and then there will also be time for sightseeing.
The venue will be in Paphos in the coast part of the city. We have collaborated with the authorities and the locality before in other events and European projects.
Sponsors and Supporters