“OPENING THE GATES OF THE VOLUNTEERING REALM
Reshaping Volunteering: learning and impact in the European Solidarity Corps”
Part of the Erasmus + KA2 Project “EVS REALM: Masters of the Learning Path”
16:00 – 19:45, 2nd March 2019
We would like to invite you to participate in our multiplier event “OPENING THE GATES OF THE VOLUNTEERING REALM, Quality in Learning within Volunteering Projects” that will be held on March 2nd 2019, in Lefkosia at Politistiko Ergastiri Ayion Omoloyiton.
This event will present and discuss results of the Erasmus+ project “EVS Realm: Master of the Learning Path”, implemented by the European Volunteer Centre (CEV), Pro Vobis – RO, ANAWOJ – PL, & Politistiko Ergastiri – CY.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Introduce the mentoring “realm” and its current situation across Europe and specifically in the 4 partner countries , concerning volunteering in Europe under the programmes of EVS (European Volunteering Service) and ESC (European Solidarity Corps).
- Raise awareness about the importance of a harmonized mentoring process and a coherent support process offered by hosting structures to the European volunteers.
- Present the results of the survey on:
- -The European volunteering programme and the role of mentors,
- -The tools developed to equip mentors around Europe with innovative and supporting techniques.
- -The training opportunities undertaken between 2017 and 2018 with organisations and mentors from the 4 countries represented by the project partners.
The “EVS Realm: Master of the Learning Path” project is an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership that aims to increase quality in the management of volunteering learning processes in the European Union volunteering projects, placing in the middle of this process the key actors who can influence and impact the way the learning journey goes. The mentor covers a very important role in the process, this is why the present project focuses on improving and creating mentoring tools valid all across Europe, alongside proposals/recommendations for increasing the overall quality of the support process for European volunteers.
You can find the link to the registration form here and registrations are open until March 1st 2019.
Please could you let us know about your interest and / or availability at your earliest opportunity.
We are able to support the costs of your travel, based on your organisation’s address, as follows:
- Paphos: 30 Euros
- Limassol: 20 Euros
- Larnaca:15 euros
- Ammochostos: 20 Euros
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or clarification necessary.
Politistiko Ergastiri Ayion Omoloyiton
Workshop 1: Intellectual Output 1&2
This interactive workshop will present the Training Designs
- Becoming a Strong House in the Volunteering Realm – Get ready to host European volunteers!
Focused on the organizational capacities needed to ensure quality in long-term, full-time volunteering and present the methodology, content and results of the training course created under the “EVS Realm: Masters of the Learning Path” project, aimed at ESC project coordinators,
- Build the Support in the Volunteering Realm: Focus on Mentoring
Focused on the the support-structure needed to ensure quality in volunteering and present the methodology, content and results of the training course created under the “EVS Realm: Masters of the Learning Path” project, aimed at Mentors.
Workshop 2: : Intellectual Output 3
This interactive workshop will present the publication of the “EVS Realm” ToolBox
Test, use, evaluate the “EVS Realm” ToolBox
Mentors are: youth workers? Heroes? Teachers? Friends? Coaches? Who are they and what do they need to support young people while volunteering in the European Solidarity Corps programme? We will introduce the “Toolbox for Mentors” that includes innovative methods and approaches in which volunteers can be supported within the hosting organisation and community.